Monday, October 11, 2010

Cooking Corner: Pumpkin!

Oh dear. The first cold day of the year (well, cold for California) gets my wheels a-turnin. It's cold. It must be fall. And when it's fall that means...

It's pumpkin season!

I wait all year for pumpkin season. Pumpkin and all the things that come with it define this season for me. The warm spiciness of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, with the smooth richness of my favorite gourd...wow.

Sometimes, I will admit, I cannot wait for September. I have made pumpkin pancakes in April, I will not deny this. I have concocted pumpkin ice cream in July. I have no shame.

So, for my first cooking corner, I would like to share with you a recipe that was featured on a favorite blog of mine, Baking Bites. They do a roundup about once a week of the best recipes that are circulating then. One fateful week, I was stopped dead in my tracks when I ran across this beauty:

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusal Buns.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Warm and gooey? Spicy and rich? Streusal?!? How could I say no.

And you know what the best part is? It's...(low fat). Don't tell anybody. 

I'll leave the recipe to her, she deserves all the credit for this masterpiece.

What's your favorite fall treat? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment