Saturday, October 2, 2010

Getting Down the Boxes

 Any of you who were reading last year know that one of my favorite parts about Halloween is getting the boxes down from the attic.

Let me draw a picture for you. In my closet is the roof access, so on whatever day I bug my parents enough to get the ladder out, and bring it upstairs, we open the door and pull down about 8 different storage boxes chock full of goodies. It's like Christmas.

We bring all the boxes downstairs into our living room, dust them off (it's amazing how dusty a closed attic can be) and take inventory. Even though I've been doing this for years and know exactly what is in each box, it is still fun to look at and get giddy over all the things you haven't seen in one whole year.

Some of my favorite items include our Looney Tunes lightscapes.



My mother works for Warner Brothers, and one year when I was about 7 or 8, my mom brought home 5 different Halloween themed Looney Tunes lights, and my sister and I always fought over which one went on which side of the room. I always went for Daffy painted as a skeleton (who, sadly, was decapitated in a shipping accident in 07) and she always was torn between two Tweety ones, both of which somehow managed to survive.

While there are plenty of other fun decorations that grace those boxes (including but not limited to: cat/pumpkin Russian nesting dolls, old craft projects from elementary school, lights and wreaths) those Looney Tunes lights always were my favorite.

What are some of your favorite Halloween decorations? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment