Monday, October 4, 2010

Cooking Corner: Candy Corn Cookies

I. Love. Candy corn.


I will not deny it. It's sickening sweetness and fun colors just ooze halloween to me, and they sell them all year round!

Now, I am a weekend baker. I like to bake every chance I get, and I have probably been the cause of a lot of people's weight gain. But they love it. So today I want to share with you a recipe from Bake at 350, a wonderful baking blog I follow, for these cute little candy corn cookies. Dark black chocolaty, chewy, brownie-esque background with a chewy colorful candy corn on top, what's not to love?


They're the perfect little size too. Just little enough that you don't feel guilty having 5, or 6, or 7. Yet the batch only makes about 36, so it's the perfect amount of little sweetness to share with your friends without sending people home with tupperware.

I don't want to take credit for the recipe, so for that I will send you to Bake at 350's website, here: Candy Corn Cookies


So here's my question: What's your favorite Halloween candy? Do you find ways to put it in unexpected places?

2 comments: