Friday, October 2, 2009

Luz

This was today's project: lights! Once again, stupidly cheap at JoAnne fabrics, plus a 30 percent discount they were having = lots of lights! I just braved a ladder by myself (don't try this at home kids, always have a lookout) to put up some festive orange lights around the perimeter of my house. Now, obviously, I'm not going to post a picture of my front yard for safety reasons, but I'm sure you can assume from the picture how the general effect will be.

[Edit: I've now added this picture of a string of lights we've had since I was, oh, I'd say about 8. It used to hang on the porch of our much smaller house, and I love this string so much because of the great memories it brings of great Halloweens, and coming home from a long night of Trick or Treating with my mom and sister, seeing those lights on our porch, and knowing that I had had a great night. Plus, when do you ever see Halloween icicle lights with pumpkins and witches? Never! They don't make em like they used to!]

Now unfortunately my dad has hidden the extension cords so they have no power, but their orange bulbs are hanging, so the hard part is done. On Sunday I'm dragging out the dusty old Halloween boxes and then we'll have some fun.

Also, as promised, here's a finished look at my Halloween countdown (still sans candy and sans official counter, the counter is in my Halloween boxes still).

Apologies for the blurry picture, my poor little Nikon just can't handle the awesome, but you get the gist of it.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment