Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ghoulishly Good Apple Pie!

Ok, ok, I know I'm repeating myself with the tastiness but what can I say, I bake on the weekends.

It all started with this guy. He is my favorite cheapie dollar store bowl (my boyfriend insists that he needs a mustache though). He is filled with apples we grew in our "orchard", but unfortunately the squirrels managed to eat about half of them, so as you may notice it is supplemented with good old market apples, and a pomegranate (that one we did grow though). My mom intended to make apple pie, which, well, is delicious. She likes it very minimalist, piles and piles of apples sprinkled with a little bit of sugar, cinnamon, and a few dots of butter.

I decided we needed to pay homage to the great service our bowl provided in carrying these apples. Our ghost cookie cutter is a bit warped though and my sister insists he looks like a boot which, well, he does. But he's a ghost! And he says BOO! (not boot!) We ate him after dinner with a dollop of whipped cream, and it was delicious.

1 comment: